Celebrating 40 Years of Empowering Faithful Stewards!
Crown Gathering | October 27-30, 2016
Ridgecrest Conference Center in Asheville, NC
A very special Crown Gathering will take place at Ridgecrest Conference Center in the peak autumn month of October. This year marks the 40th Anniversary of the ministry birthed by Larry Burkett. In addition to reflecting on the “glory days” of old, we will also celebrate our ever-expanding reach around the globe and share what God has been doing through Crown.
Cradled in the spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Ridgecrest’s 1,300 acres is a perfect host location to refresh your soul, renew friendships, and rekindle your excitement in the business of empowering faithful stewards.
During the 2016 Crown Gathering & 40th Anniversary Celebration, we will reach back into the archives to reminisce a bit, yet keep our sights set on the future and where God is leading the ministry today. Attendees will hear testimonies from some of the furthest parts of the globe, receive special messages from guest speakers, and most of all spend time with others who are as passionate about Crown’s ministry as they are! All that on top of fellowship, great food, and fun!
Crown’s Gathering & 40th Anniversary Celebration is open to staff, volunteers, ministry and Outreach Partners, board members and leaders who are passionate about Crown’s mission. Make plans now to be at Crown’s 2016 Gathering and take part in our 40th Anniversary Celebration in October!
Ridgecrest Conference Center
Cradled in the spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Ridgecrest’s 1,300 acres invite you to leave your cares at the gate. Reunion attendees can enjoy on-campus activities, stroll around campus or claim a rocker on legendary Rocking Chair Ridge and get lost in the amazing view. When you are ready for more activity, Ridgecrest offers a variety of on-campus outdoor recreation, such as a high ropes course, hiking and team sports. Within a short drive, you’ll find top-notch fishing, swimming and whitewater rafting. World class shopping can be found in nearby Asheville and quaint artisan shops are just up the road in Black Mountain.
Getting To Ridgecrest
Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Ridgecrest Conference Center. Ridgecrest is located 17 miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, on Interstate 40, Exit 66, approximately 30 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport and 18 miles from the Asheville Bus Station. For driving directions, click on the Google logo in the map. The GPS Coordinates of Ridgecrest are Lat N+35 37 16.36 Long W -82 16 38.03.
Your Crown Gathering registration fee is ALL INCLUSIVE! It includes the following:
- Three nights’ accommodations at Ridgecrest Conference Center
- Registration is from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST on Thursday afternoon and Kick-off Dinner at 5:30 p.m. and a Welcome Reception at 7 p.m.
- Eight meals beginning with Thursday evening dinner and ending with Sunday breakfast.
- All General Sessions
Single Registration = $250
Couples Registration = $400
- Limited Rooms Available! First-Come, First-Serve!
- Registration Deadline is September 30th.
World Economy at a Glance
Finding Purpose in your Work and Life
Testimonials from around the World
Crown Investor’s Report
Experience Crown in some fun and engaging exercises
Know anyone who?
- Feels out of place at their job?
- Views work like a necessary evil, or something that stresses them out?
- Is struggling to know what they should study after high school?
What is Career Direct?
It is a comprehensive online assessment and consultation tool that evaluates four aspects of an individual:
Personality, Vocational Interests, Skills/ Abilities, and Values
Why should I learn more about Career Direct?
- It is a consultant-based tool that provides relational, practical career guidance from a Biblical perspective
- It unique consultant approach includes families in the process
- Is a perfect tool for Christian schools, home school groups, Christian colleges, career ministries, and more
- Provides training for new consultants who desire to be involved in a coaching/mentoring role in regard to educational and career direction
If Career Direct interests you, please join our breakout to learn more about the tool, how to implement it, and our consultant program.
PERSONALITY ID (PID)
Know any work or ministry teams that…
- Struggle to connect?
- Deal with unnecessary conflict?
- Don’t seem to be producing in the right areas?
- Are unsure about what personnel changes to make?
What is Personality I.D (PID)?
- It is an online assessment tool that evaluates a person’s and team’s personality in one of 17 different profiles
- It shows each profile in a graphical form
- It measures and describes that profile’s propensity in 22 work place and personal categories within:
- A corporate Individual Report
- A corporate Comparison Report
- A corporate Team Report
- A corporate Advanced Team Report
- An individual Family Report
- An comparison Family Report
Why should I learn more about Personality I.D.?
- Team dysfunction is families, ministries, businesses and more is everywhere
- Personality I.D. addresses the core issue in team dysfunction
- Personality I.D. is reliable, easy to utilize and inexpensive
- It is a perfect tool people looking to add understanding value to their existing team and or consulting practice
- Has tremendous ministry potential when we train leaders to better steward their #1 earthly resource: their people!
If you’d like to know more about Personality I.D.; see a demonstration of the backend consultant dashboard and even experience your own individual PID report, then consider attend the PID breakout session!
Called to Serve
The prophet Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” (Isaiah 6:8). Isaiah answered with five simple words: “Here I am. Send me.” Are you ready to do the same?
Does your heart break for individuals and families in financial bondage? Do you look for opportunities to disciple others as faithful managers of God’s resources? Are you passionate about helping people grow in generosity? Then Crown needs you!
Without an army of volunteers serving around the globe, Crown couldn’t exist. Every person on the front lines is essential to our mission. If you feel called to help individuals, churches, communities, or nations, we have a place for you to serve. The question is – how do you decide where to plug in? Equally important, how can you be equipped to impact as many lives as possible?
Regardless of whether you’re new to Crown or you’ve been part of the family for years, join us to find out about the unique gifts required and the training available for the following Personal Finance roles:
- MoneyLife® Mentor
- MoneyLife Facilitator
- MoneyLife Coordinator
- MoneyLife Indicator Consultant.
Don’t miss this panel conversation to learn how God can transform lives through your willingness to answer His call!
Business By The Book
Crown’s founder, Larry Burkett helped pioneer the Business as Mission (BAM) movement some 30 years ago when he authored the best selling, Business by the Book. Today, Crown proudly stands on this foundation and is modernizing this content for the next generation of business leaders by creating the Business by the Book Indicator (BBBi).
This personalized assessment looks at your beliefs and behaviors related to operating your business by God’s timeless principles. The individual report you will receive provides insights to your strengths and weaknesses and includes an in-depth action plan to improve.
Crown Gathering attendees will have the opportunity to be one of the first groups to participate in the new BBBi and share this tool with leaders and entrepreneurs in the marketplace.
Crown President, Bob Dickie will administer the new BBBi with session attendees and explain the marketplace utilization. Live results will be shared that offer insights on your leadership style as well as your beliefs and business practices compared to biblical principles.
Walk away with your own assessment, a practical action plan, and tools to impact your business community for Christ.